List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terrence W. Zellers Date:May 12 1999 12:56pm
Subject:Re: Performance Problem under AIX ?
View as plain text
On Wed, 12 May 1999, REIBENSCHUH Alfred wrote:

> Hi !
>
> the machine is a ibm/rs6000 with 4x 323mhz, 2gb ram/4gb swap
> i'm using AIX-4.2.1 at maintenance level 4.
> i compiled mysql with egcs-1.1.1
> i use perl-5.005_2 with dbi-1.0.6 and dbd-mysql-1.20.15
>
> sometimes during a huge number of inserts into the same
> database/table the scripts gets the following errors:
>
> > DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during
> query at /opt/planet/scripts/proc.trap2db.pl line 73.
> > DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
> /opt/planet/scripts/proc.trap2db.pl line 73.
>
> if the php3 pages access the server/database at the same time
> they abort with a similar error

    I just ran into this.  You want to recompile the with
-DDONT_USE_THR_ALARM as per the AIX notes in the manual, then replace
*only* the daemon from that build.  Over the last few days this has
cleaned virtually all the "random" errors I have been getting.  An
earlier problem I had with DBI with similar symptoms occurred when I
failed to finish my statements, but the simultaenous connection
problem indicates the threads/signals issue the manual mentions.

                                                        -- TWZ

| Copyright 1999 by Terrence W. Zellers.  All rights explicitly reserved. |
| email: terrence.w.zellers@stripped   www.voicenet.com/~zellert/pub.key |
|           War is harmful to children and other living things.           |

Performance Problem under AIX ?REIBENSCHUH Alfred12 May
  • Re: Performance Problem under AIX ?Terrence W. Zellers12 May
  • Performance Problem under AIX ?Jani Tolonen12 May
RE: Performance Problem under AIX ?REIBENSCHUH Alfred12 May