List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jani Tolonen Date:May 12 1999 11:39am
Subject:my_install_db output
View as plain text
root@stripped writes:

 > WARNING: Your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible with this MySQL version
 > mysqld should work normally with the exception that host name resolving
 > will not work.  This means that you should use IP addresses instead
 > of hostnames when specifying MySQL privileges !
 > Creating db table
 > Creating host table
 > Creating user table
 > Creating func table
 > Creating tables_priv table
 > Creating columns_priv table
 > Installation of grant tables failed!
 >
 > Examine the logs in /usr/local/mysql/var for more information.
 > You can also try to start the mysqld demon with:
 > /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld --skip-grant &
 > You can use the command line tool
 > /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
 > database and look at the grant tables:
 >
 > shell> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root mysql
 > mysql> show tables
 >
 > Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log
 > gives you a log in /usr/local/mysql/var that may be helpful.
 >
 > The latest information about MySQL is available on the web at
 > http://www.mysql.com
 > Please consult the MySQL manual section: 'Problems running mysql_install_db',
 > and the manual section that describes problems on your OS.
 > Another information source is the MySQL email archive.
 > Please check all of the above before mailing us!
 > And if you do mail us, you MUST use the /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlbug script!

Hello!

Did you run mysql_install_db as root? If not try to do it.  If it
doesn't help, or if you can't be a super user, try to set up the
privileges in 'mysql' -database manually.  Please, *read* from the
manual first how the privileges system works with MySQL, before trying
to do anything else!

Remember to use the actual IP -numbers instead of the host
names in the tables in database 'mysql'.

If you are still having problems, please proceed as mysql_install_db
informs you to do and send that information to us to the MySQL mailing
list (mysql@stripped):

1.) Examine the log files in the ./data -directory.
    (This is the directory where MySQL creates the databases)

2.) Start MySQL with shell> mysqld --skip-grant --log=...

3.) shell> mysql -u root mysql

Then you'll get to the mysql monitor, to the 'mysql' -database

mysql> show tables;

And continue therefrom, but read first how the privileges system works.

Please read the section 'How to report bugs or problems' from
the manual, if you need more help, it is very helpful to you and to us.
Remember to include the information from the log files to your mail!

Regards,

- Jani

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___       ==  mysql@stripped         |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|       mailto: jani@stripped      |
|             /*/             \*\                   Developers Team   |
my_install_db outputroot11 May
  • my_install_db outputJani Tolonen12 May