List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:March 16 1999 2:21pm
Subject:Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(
View as plain text
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Martin B. Jespersen wrote:
<SNIP>

>Now I could go on but it would probably bore you more than it would teach you.
>The reason why people complain about spamfiltering isntead of just using their
>deletekey might be that they get a weebit to much mail for that. I myself get
>around 800 mails a day and if i count out spam, so using time on deleting 500
>additional spam messages would actually slow me down quite a bit. It might not
>be a problem for you, but don't presume that others are in the same situation as
>you. I was not insulting the admins but making a shark remark about the hits i
>got from aol through the list. AS it turned out it has all been fixed and most
>people seemed to agree with me, so i really don't see your problem.

My aren't we a bit snide, and stuffy.
I don't get 500 spams a day from anywhere, maybe they like you.
I don't think most people on this list agreed with you, only four or
five if my memory is to bad this morning.
The number of spams to this list, IMHO, do not justify the nastiness of
the ANTI-SPAM SLAMMING of the list admins.
And yes, my server gets spammed everyso often, I just deleate it and
notify the abuse people at where ever it came from.

Lighten up, life's too short to be nasty.

Micheal

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Robert Hazeltine15 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Dennis15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Karl Pielorz15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg15 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Ed Carp15 Mar
  • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar
    • Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
      • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
        • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
          • Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Thimble Smith16 Mar
    • Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Micheal Mc Evoy16 Mar
Re: Do something about the spam, or this list is useless :(Fred Lindberg16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Jochen Haeberle16 Mar
Re: Can I get a field when inserting a row?Ed Carp17 Mar