List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen J. Schilt Date:March 26 2000 5:48am
Subject:mysql.sock problem
View as plain text
I have MySQL server mounted on five machines and have never run into
this before. I am trying to put the server up on a sixth machine but
cannot get a decent install. It has to do with a file name
mysql.sock, an suid permitted file that is giving me fits.

The scenario goes like this:

I can use the MySQL client shell without problems. When I install the
server (binary install) the script puts mysql in /var/lib/mysql and
the client likes it just fine. However in trying to install the Perl
stuff Msql-MySQL-modules-1.2209 insists that the file be in /tmp. If
I could clone the file that would solve the problem perhaps but the
computer doesn't allow me to copy or ftp the file. There fore when I
try to run 'make test' the file breaks.
--
>* Stephen J. Schilt - Internet Easy
>* Internet Training, Programming & Web Services
>* steve@stripped *  http://interneteasy.com/
>* Tel:(714)641-4808 & (949)673-5494
>* Fax:(714)641-4804 & (949)673-3506
Thread
mysql.sock problemStephen J. Schilt26 Mar
  • Re: mysql.sock problemsinisa26 Mar