List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tao Liang Date:March 26 2000 6:24am
Subject:accessing db while updating it
View as plain text
I have a table with information about some users.  The data is maintained
by others.  I have to import it from a text file once a week.  When
importing, I have to erase all old data and load the table with new values.

The data on valid users should be accessible at all times.  My question is,
what is the best way to have those data still be accessible while the new
values are loaded.  I guess I can write lock the table but that would
probably interrupt the service for too long.

Any help appreciated.

Tao
Thread
AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsKevin P. O'Brien11 Mar
  • Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsMicheal Mc Evoy11 Mar
  • one query for two identical tablesTao Liang3 Mar
    • RE: one query for two identical tablesNicolas Prade3 Mar
  • group by conditionsTao Liang5 Mar
    • Re: group by conditionssinisa6 Mar
      • accessing db while updating itTao Liang26 Mar
Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsKevin P. O'Brien11 Mar
  • Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsRobert Hazeltine11 Mar
Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsKevin P. O'Brien11 Mar
  • select count distinctChinaConnect11 Mar
    • Re: select count distinctChris12 Mar
    • Re: select count distinctScott Liu13 Mar
      • Re: select count distinctMichael Widenius15 Mar
  • Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsChristian Mack12 Mar
Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsKevin P. O'Brien11 Mar
Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsEd Carp12 Mar
Re: AUTO_INCREMENT Limits to 256 recordsEd Carp13 Mar
Re: Bad handshake problem with java and MySQL 3.22.32Carlos Proal15 Feb