List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harry Brueckner Date:March 24 2000 9:41am
Subject:Re: skip_show_databases
View as plain text
Hello,

-- On 23.03.00 11:50 -0700 sasha@stripped wrote:
> Harry Brueckner wrote:
>> I am trying to use the option "--set-variable skip_show_databases" with
>> MySQL 3.23.8-alpha which should hide databases from users who do not have
>> the PROCESS_PRIV.
>> I tried several ways to get it working and finally took a look in the
>> source file sql/mysqld.cc  where I found that the option is named
>> skip_show_database (no "s" at the end like its mentioned in the
>> documentation).
>>
>> But nothing seems to work. What is the correct way to get this option
>> working? Any guesses?
>>
>> Harry
>
> --skip-show-databases

I finally got it to run. The syntax is

--skip-show-database

without the "s" at the end! It would be nice if this option could be added
to the mysqld --help output. :-)

Thank you for your help!

Harry

Thread
skip_show_databasesHarry Brueckner23 Mar
  • Re: skip_show_databasessasha23 Mar
    • Re: skip_show_databasesHarry Brueckner24 Mar
      • Re: skip_show_databasessasha24 Mar