List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harry Brueckner Date:March 23 2000 6:05pm
Subject:skip_show_databases
View as plain text
Hello,

I am trying to use the option "--set-variable skip_show_databases" with
MySQL 3.23.8-alpha which should hide databases from users who do not have
the PROCESS_PRIV.
I tried several ways to get it working and finally took a look in the
source file sql/mysqld.cc  where I found that the option is named
skip_show_database (no "s" at the end like its mentioned in the
documentation).

But anyway, no combination of what I tried gets mysqld to accept the option.

I tried these combinations:
        --set-variable skip_show_database
        --set-variable skip_show_databases
        --set-variable skip_show_database=1
        --set-variable skip_show_databases=1
        --skip_show_database
        --skip_show_databases
        --skip_show_database=1
        --skip_show_databases=1

But nothing seems to work. What is the correct way to get this option
working? Any guesses?

Harry

Thread
skip_show_databasesHarry Brueckner23 Mar
  • Re: skip_show_databasessasha23 Mar
    • Re: skip_show_databasesHarry Brueckner24 Mar
      • Re: skip_show_databasessasha24 Mar