List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Orlando Andico Date:May 11 1999 3:23pm
Subject:Re: Mysql fails to compile under RH6.0
View as plain text
On Tue, 11 May 1999, Michael Widenius wrote:
..
> Hi!
>
> Try disabling the FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 check in configure and try
> again.
>
> (Sorry, but I don't have access to a RedHat 6.0 system to check this
> out!)

It's not in FILE_OFFSET_BITS. It's in my version of PGCC (which was
compiled with RH5.2). I got the same error compiling Perl. By using the
stock egcs-1.1.2 with Red Hat 6 (it does implement Pentium Pro
optimizations although is more conservative than PGCC) I got MySQL to
compile properly even with the 64-bit stuff.

I wonder if 64-bit files ARE supported in any case (assuming the LFS
kernel patch is applied to Linux).

Orlando Andico <orly@stripped>                 +63   (2) 937-2293
Mosaic Communications, Inc.                      +63 (912) 800-8262
    Promote bacteria.. it's the only culture some people have.

Thread
Mysql fails to compile under RH6.0Orlando Andico9 May
Re: Mysql fails to compile under RH6.0Orlando Andico11 May