List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin B. Jespersen Date:March 16 1999 12:33pm
Subject:Re: DISTINCT weirdness..
View as plain text
> I appreciate any ideas how to do it better.  The problem is to make
> everything 'hold' together.  I think that the DISTINCT should compare
> the strings the same way as the normal compare operations, and this
> put some restrictions how things can be solved.
>
> Regards,
> Monty

I must agree that DISTINCT should behave like normal comparison, which is
dependant on the binary attribute. It would though be nice if you could compile
MySQL with binary as default, and then you would have to set ascii (or whatever)
explicit if you want to have non-binary strings. If this is already possible
then RTFM to me :)

--
Martin B. Jespersen
Technical Project Leader

E-Mail: Martin@stripped
Mail:   Havnegade 39, DK-1058 Copenhagen K
Voice:  (+45) 7023-1001
Fax:    (+45) 33320209
Thread
DISTINCT weirdness..Jay15 Mar
  • Re: DISTINCT weirdness..Scott Mackie15 Mar
  • Re: DISTINCT weirdness..Martin Ramsch15 Mar
    • Re: DISTINCT weirdness..Michael Widenius15 Mar
      • Re: DISTINCT weirdness..Martin Ramsch17 Mar
  • Re: DISTINCT weirdness..Martin B. Jespersen16 Mar