List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 11 1999 11:43am
Subject:Locking
View as plain text
>>>>> "list" == list  <list@stripped> writes:

list> skip_locking is ON according to `mysqladmin var`, however I noticed a State
list> == LOCKED for an 'INSERT' query when doing some `mysqladmin proc`s ..

list> Are tables still locked when doing inserts (ie, can I remove my own locking
list> system which I made to make sure the database would not get corrupted by
list> concurrent INSERTs/SELECTs/UPDATEs) ?

Hi!

--skip-locking only removes the external locking code (needed to sync
different processes);  MySQL will still use internal locking to ensure
that each single statement is atomic.

Regards,
Monty
Thread