List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 11 1999 1:57pm
Subject:MySQL daemon mysteriously dieing.
View as plain text
>>>>> "James" == James Tyson <james.tyson@stripped> writes:

James> Hi.

James> Firstly, let me give you some background.
James> I am running MySQL 3.22.22 (was 3.22.19b but I upgraded, and it didnt fix
James> my problem) on a Slackware 3.6 Linux box running linux-threads and glibc1.
James> I am having problems with a select from a large (165Mb) table.
James> I am trying to find a way to cut out duplicate entries.

James> This table is backed up configurations for Ascend Max boxes, and they are
James> about 20k each, they are inserted each night, at midnight, and I am trying
James> to create a perl script to remove all the dup's (the configs dont change
James> that much) from the table.

James> Here is the query I run:

James> select distinct configuration, hostname, type, timestamp, status from configs

James> what happens then is that mysqld dies, and I get no errors or core's it
James> just dies:

James> mysqld started on  Mon May 10 10:54:35 NZST 1999
James> /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
James> 990510 10:54:35  Aborting
James> mysqld ended on  Mon May 10 10:54:35 NZST 1999

James> I am not sure what the story is, but if anyone can help I would really
James> appreciate it.

James> I have attached the perlscript to this mail, in the hope that someone can
James> find a better way of doing it.

James> Thanks in advance.

Hi!

In this case its very likely that MySQL is waiting on a disk full
condition!

- Check what MySQL is doing with 'mysqladmin proc'
- Use 'top' to check that MySQL is running.
- Check the MySQL log files for any recent entries.
- Check the MySQL documentation, Section 'Debugging MySQL'.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysql config & ISPBrian Clarkson10 May
  • Re: mysql config & ISPSasha Pachev10 May
    • MySQL daemon mysteriously dieing.James Tyson10 May
      • MySQL daemon mysteriously dieing.Michael Widenius11 May
        • Re: MySQL daemon mysteriously dieing.James Tyson12 May
  • Re: mysql config & ISPPaul DuBois10 May