List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:March 21 2000 4:35pm
Subject:Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs out
View as plain text

SM> I am truly hoping you all can help me get MySQL to stop crashing.
SM> We rebuilt our company's system on the assumption that MySQL was
SM> almost perfectly stable, but as it stands our system
SM> administrators have to restart MySQL SEVERAL times a day.

MySQL has proven to be perfectly stable for me on BSD/OS:

[onceler]% mysqladmin -h brc version|grep Uptime
Uptime:                 26 days 12 hours 4 min 40 sec
[onceler]% mysqladmin -h db-one version | grep Uptime
Uptime:                 26 days 2 min 17 sec
[onceler]% mysqladmin -h govcon version | grep Uptime
Uptime:                 6 days 18 hours 4 min 6 sec
[onceler]% mysqladmin -h kci version | grep Uptime
Uptime:                 32 days 18 hours 33 min 47 sec

The uptimes correspond to the system uptimes.  The db-one host and
govcon hosts have their DBs seriously pounded upon, each averaging
between 0.8 and 1.1 queries per second over their current uptime.

I think you have other system-related troubles that is causing mysqld
to crash or quit.  How did you configure the systems in terms of
resources allocated to mysqld?  Did you give it what it is expecting
or did you tell mysqld to use more resources than your system
allocated to it?

Internet: khera@stripped       Rockville, MD       +1-301-545-6996
PGP & MIME spoken here            http://www.kciLink.com/home/khera/
Thread
MySQL crashing when memory runs outSam Mefford21 Mar
  • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outsasha21 Mar
    • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outsinisa21 Mar
  • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outVivek Khera21 Mar
  • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outSam Mefford21 Mar
  • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outsasha21 Mar
  • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outSam Mefford22 Mar
    • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outVivek Khera22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL crashing when memory runs outsasha22 Mar