List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 18 2000 9:13pm
Subject:Re: Mysql data to DropDown Menus Eror?
View as plain text
I think I need to change the way I am selecting the data from Mysql I usually use:
my $sth = $dbh->Query("select userid,fname,lname,title from
timeusers where userid=\"$newid\" ")
or die $Mysql::db_errstr;
my @arr=();
while (@arr = $sth->fetchrow)
{
($userid,$fname,$lname,$title)=@arr;
$newuserid=$userid;
$firstn=$fname;
$lastn=$lname;
$newtitle=$title;
}

So I am guessing that I can do the same thing for getting the data to the array.

Douglas Brantz wrote:

> I'm trying out the code but getting the following error:
>
> (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
>
> Uncaught exception from user code:
>         Mysql::prepare: Not defined in Mysql and not autoloadable (last try prep
> are) at ./projectout.pl line 32
>         Carp::croak('Mysql::prepare: Not defined in Mysql and not autoloadable (
> last ...') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mysql.pm line 257
>         Mysql::AUTOLOAD('Mysql=HASH(0x812b1e8)', 'SELECT DISTINCT bname FROM pro
> client ORDER BY bname') called at ./projectout.pl line 32
>
> Here is that part of the code:
>
> #      Here goes the drop down menu
> #----------------------------------------
>
> #First set up the SELECT query:
> my $sql_query;
>
> $sql_query = "SELECT DISTINCT bname FROM proclient ORDER BY bname";
> my $sql_projects = $dbh->prepare($sql_query) or &Error_Exit("Unable to
> prepare: $query:\n $DBI::errstr ");
> $sql_projects->execute or &Error_Exit("Unable to execute $query:\n
> $DBI::errstr ");
> my $numrows = $sql_projects->rows;
> if ($numrows == 0)
> {
>    &Error_Exit("No Projects Found");
> )
> #Now set up an array and a hash:
> my @s_project_values= ();
> my %s_project_labels;
>
> Any Help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Douglas

Thread
Re: Mysql data to DropDown Menus Eror?Douglas Brantz18 Mar
Re: Mysql data to DropDown Menus Eror?Douglas Brantz19 Mar