List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Flaherty Date:May 10 1999 9:40pm
Subject:Re: real slow query
View as plain text
Discovered the problem. I had 2 tables not needed in the query
causing it to get confused (tables aliases and smt below).
Removing these 2 tables from the query sed thingd up dramatically
:-) Thanks for all who replied.

> Hope someone can help me here. I have a query that is taking
> forever to run. The database has between 2,000 and 3,000 records
> per table and all search fields are indexed. Am I missing something
> or is this supposed to be this slow? Is there a faster way to do
> this? How can I enhance performance? The following query takes
> 4 minutes to run.
>
> SELECT arrest.identity_id, MAX(photos.photo_file) FROM
> arrest, smt, aliases LEFT JOIN photos ON ((photos.arrest_id
> = arrest.arrest_id) AND (photos.photo_type = 'F')) WHERE
> ((arrest.sex = 'F') AND (arrest.race = 'W')) GROUP BY
> arrest.identity_id
>
> Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
> Take care of your shoes...
>
> Jay
> fty@stripped

Take care of your shoes...

Jay
fty@stripped
Thread
real slow queryJay Flaherty10 May
  • Re: real slow queryChristian Mack10 May
  • Re: real slow queryJay Flaherty11 May