List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 16 2000 1:12am
Subject:Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul D Smith <pausmith@stripped> writes:

Paul> Sasha et.al.:
Paul> Unless I disremember, mysql is autoconf'd, right?

Yes.

Paul> If you're interested, there are autoconf macros available which will
Paul> enable LFS on various systems that support it, including Solaris and
Paul> Linux, and I believe HP-UX and AIX in the later incarnations,
Paul> automatically if it's available (while providing a --disable-lfs option
Paul> to configure if people don't want it).

We already have code that does that above.
(our option is called --enable-large-files )

Paul> It handles adding the appropriate options (like -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
Paul> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 or whatever is needed on a given platform) to the
Paul> compile lines for you.  It's very slick and simple to use.

Paul> They were created by Paul Eggert and used by myself in GNU make, and by
Paul> many other GNU tools like tar, fileutils, etc.

Paul> I would be happy to forward the relevant bits to you or to whomever may
Paul> be interested in the MySQL group.

Please forward it to me and David and we will look at replacing our
macros with yours!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Ben Willis15 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!sinisa15 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Ben Willis15 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!sasha15 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Ben Willis16 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!sasha16 Mar
    • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Michael Widenius16 Mar
    • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Vivek Khera16 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Paul D. Smith16 Mar
    • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Michael Widenius16 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!sasha16 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Ben Willis16 Mar
    • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Michael Widenius16 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Ben Willis16 Mar
    • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Michael Widenius17 Mar
  • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Ben Willis6 Apr
    • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Thimble Smith7 Apr
    • Re: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Michael Widenius7 Apr
RE: HELP! I need REALLY BIG Tables!Quentin Bennett16 Mar