List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 10 1999 7:11pm
Subject:Re: mysql jdbc drivers for DEC UNIX 4.0e
View as plain text
"Douglas B. Jones" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I compiled with DEC UNIX 4.0e a simple test program for data base connectivity
> to a mysql db. When I try to run it, I get the error:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
>         at SimpleSelect.main(Compiled Code)
>
> I am using the java that came with 4.0e: java version "1.1.6-2".
> >From looking through /usr/lib/classes.zip, I can find nothing
> that relates to jdbc or odbc.
>
> I am not sure if I should be posting this question here, but thought it
> was appropriate since I was try to do a mysql select with my program.
>
> Does any one have any pointers to where I should get started so? I guess I
> need to download some things :-)? I am not to familiar with ODBC, just getting
> started with it.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Cheers,
> Douglas

Hi Douglas

This is a Java <-> mysql related question. You should have used:
mailto://java@stripped

Obviously DEC UNIX Java 1.1.6-2 doesn't provide the SUN JDBC-ODBC-bridge :)
I anyway would strongly discourage the use of the JDBC-ODBC-brige, because of its slow
speed.

Use one of the type 4 (== pure Java) drivers available for mysql.
The two recommended are mm or twz.
They are both good.
You can find them at:
http://www.worldserver.com/~mmatthew/mysql/
http://www.voicenet.com/~zellert/tjFM/

Tschau
Christian

Thread
mysql jdbc drivers for DEC UNIX 4.0eDouglas B. Jones10 May
  • Re: mysql jdbc drivers for DEC UNIX 4.0eChristian Mack10 May