List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:May 9 1999 6:56am
Subject:Re: A good database design book
View as plain text
Isabelle Poueriet wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I need to set up a database server and design some
> databases.  I know nothing about database design and would like to start
> by reading on the topic.
>
> Can anyone suggest a good database design/administration book?  Maybe some
> magazines that I can subscribe to also?

You can learn quite a bit about database design by searching through the
archives of this list :) Just look for all posting with "create table"
in the body and Monty, Thimble Smith or Cristain Mack in the sender :)
There are others that know quite a bit about it and share there
knowledge, but the three above very rarely are wrong.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com