List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 9 2000 8:47pm
Subject:Re: Install Mysql on Sun Solaris (Sparc)
View as plain text
>I have some problems Installing Mysql on Sun Solaris (Sparc), the first
>problems war with the tar archives, he returns tar directory checksum error.
>So I ignored this and tried to Compile it, now another error:  Command

You can't ignore that.  Check the manual under the Solaris install notes
and you'll see that this is a known problem, the cure for which is to
forgo Solaris tar and use GNU tar instead.

>failed for target `all-recursive-am', he don't wants to complete compiling.
>Is this a bug? Soorx, I'm new on linux. I'm working via Telnet.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Install Mysql on Sun Solaris (Sparc)Robert Breker9 Mar
  • Re: Install Mysql on Sun Solaris (Sparc)Paul DuBois9 Mar