List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Preeper Date:March 16 1999 6:31am
Subject:(newbie ?) listing unique entries in two columns
View as plain text
I'm pretty new to mysql and I have a question about trying to list all the
unique entries from two different columns in the same table.  I have found
lots of examples on the mailing list archives of getting this info from one
column, but none for two.

Let's say I have a table with 10 columns and I want to list only the unique
entries that appear in the name_1 column and the name_2 column.  There are
about 50 different names that should appear in either column and I want to
make sure once in a while that I don't have any typos and I'm not missing
any data in calculating info off of these names in select statements.  The
names may be repeated a number of times in both columns in the table.
Ideally I'd like to set this up in a perl script as a cron job to run once
a month or something just to double check things.

Can anyone provide any pointers?

Jerry

Thread
(newbie ?) listing unique entries in two columnsJerry Preeper16 Mar
  • Re: (newbie ?) listing unique entries in two columnsChristian Mack16 Mar
Re: (newbie ?) listing unique entries in two columnsJerry Preeper16 Mar