List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:March 16 1999 5:17am
Subject:Re: History and other
View as plain text
Stephen J. Cotton wrote:

> Can you please provide some dates for me, I am suprised to
> see a "History" listing with NO dates? Thanks.
> Is there a GUI addon for users and admins or do admins
> always access the database for mods and reporting via a
> command line environment? Thanks.

GUIs = xmysqladmin (if running UNIX) or kmysqladmin (if also running
Mysql-Webadmin. is a Web-Based front-end, and, there's also phpadmin.
All can be found on the mysql site.  Can't remember the exact spot, but,
it's around the middle of the page.
Starting and stopping the daemon is usually best left on the command
(RedHat=/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql restart|reload|stop|start|etc.......)
Others might use (kill -9 `pidof mysqld` /etc/rc.d/rc.mysql &).

Also, best to post which OS you use, and version of MySQL.

Linux rocks!!!

History and otherStephen J. Cotton16 Mar
  • Re: History and otherVan16 Mar
Re: History and otherEd Carp16 Mar