List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tin Le Date:May 7 1999 4:09pm
Subject:Re: [somewhat offtopic]
View as plain text
You are out of luck.  Solaris filesystem (UFS) sucks to put it bluntly :-).
I also ported our search engine written in Perl to Solaris last year
because of the 2GB limit in Linux.  After spending a few months tuning,
tweaking, with the help of Sun engineers, we went back to Linux and wrote
our own Perl library to use more than 2GB.

Tin Le

----
Net Images - Premier Web Presence Provider   http://www.netimages.com/~tin
Internet Security and Firewall Consulting
Tin Le - tin@stripped