List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Banks Date:May 7 1999 3:07pm
Subject:Re: Alpha linux problems
View as plain text
Hi,
   It's great to see that someone is working on this!! I've been trying
for some time to get a stable version of mySQL running on Alpha Linux so
I gave this binary a try.

  It certainly seems more stable than the version I built myself and it
doesn't crash now, however it seems to hang occasionally when under load
from a number of concurrent processes at once :-( This occurs when
running with Apache+mod_perl+Apache::DBI to maintain a persistent
database connection for each child process - if I turn this off it seems
OK.

   Reproducing this is tricky, but running several copies of the
test-connect script at once usually seems to produce the same problem.
From a stack trace of the hung process it seems to be getting stuck
somewhere in pthead_connect. Any ideas?

          Regards,
           John Banks

--
========     John Banks    -    john@stripped     ========
Thread
Alpha linux problemsKyle Christensen2 May
  • Alpha linux problemsMichael Widenius2 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender5 May
      • PHP and MySQLRyan5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLDaniel E. White5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLkalle volkov5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLJens Ellegiers5 May
        • Re: PHP and MySQLDavid Bruha5 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender3 May
Re: PHP and MySQLSandrine C.6 May
  • Re: PHP and MySQLVivek Khera6 May
RE: PHP and MySQLJohn Imison6 May
  • mysql under dec-osfFabrice Marchal6 May
    • mysql under dec-osfJani Tolonen12 May
Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender7 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsJohn Banks7 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender8 May
  • Re: Alpha linux problemsHank Miller19 May
    • Re: Alpha linux problemsBenjamin Pflugmann21 May
      • Re: Alpha linux problemsUnknown Sender21 May