MySQL 3.23.12-alpha is now released; If this doesn't have any serious
problems, the next 3.23.x version will be updated to -beta.
Changes in release 3.23.12
* Fixed bug in `MyISAM' involving `REPLACE ... SELECT' which could
give a corrupted table.
* Fixed bug in `myisamchk' where it wrongly reset the auto_increment
* LOTS of patches for Linux Alpha. *MySQL* now appears to be
relatively stable on Alpha.
* Changed `DISTINCT' on `HEAP' temporary tables to use hashed keys
to quickly find duplicated rows. This mostly concerns queries of
type `SELECT DISTINCT ... GROUP BY ..'. This fixes a problem where
not all duplicates was removed in queries of the above type. In
addition the new code is MUCH faster.
* Added patches to make `MySQL' compile on MacOS X.
* Added option `IF NOT EXISTS' to `CREATE DATABASE'.
* Added options `--all-databases' and `--databases' to `mysqldump'
to allow dumping of many databases at the same time.
* Fixed bug in compressed `DECIMAL()' index in `MyISAM' tables.
* Fixed bug when storing 0 into a timestamp.
* When doing mysqladmin shutdown on a local connection, mysqladmin
now waits until the pidfile is gone before doing an shutdown.
* Fixed core dump with some `COUNT(DISTINCT ...)' queries.
* Fixed that `myisamchk' works properly with RAID:ed tables.
* Fixed problem with `LEFT JOIN' and key_field `IS NULL'.
* Fixed bug in `net_clear()' which could give the error `Aborted
connection' in the *MySQL* clients.
* Added options `USE KEYS (key_list)' and `IGNORE KEYS (key_list)' as
join parameters in `SELECT'.
* `DELETE' and `RENAME' should now work on `RAID' tables.
|• MySQL 3.23.12 released||Michael Widenius||7 Mar|