List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:May 7 1999 2:07pm
Subject:Re: [somewhat offtopic]
View as plain text
I have a P-Pro 180, 64 M ram, IDE.  I have one drive with Linux and one
with Solaris 2.7.  MySQL performs at almost exactly the same speed on each:
not quite as fast as on NT!

>Hello all,
>
>I'm trying out Solaris X86 (2.6) right now on my trusty Linux home
>machine. I know everyone says don't use IDE drives but since it worked
>fine in the Linux setup I thought what the heck. Machine is PII-450, 96MB
>RAM. It is very slow in Solaris X86, particularly in file access. About
>1/2 the speed of a Pentium-150 running Linux on an even lower-quality EIDE
>drive. Is there something I'm missing? I was looking at Solaris X86 for
>the large-file support so I could get big tables in MySQL.

>Orlando Andico <orly@stripped>                 +63   (2) 937-2293
>Mosaic Communications, Inc.                      +63 (912) 800-8262
>    Promote bacteria.. it's the only culture some people have.

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
[somewhat offtopic]Orlando Andico7 May
  • Re: [somewhat offtopic]Tin Le7 May
  • Re: [somewhat offtopic]unknown7 May
    • Re: [somewhat offtopic]Orlando Andico7 May
      • Re: [somewhat offtopic]Sasha Pachev7 May
Re: [somewhat offtopic]Christopher R. Jones7 May