List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrés Date:March 5 2000 6:56pm
Subject:Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'
View as plain text
Hello.

I installed MySQL and the daemon works. The problem has come when I first
tried to use it. I have read everything (the manual and the mailing list). I
have executed mysql_install_db but I still can do nothing.

I have looked for these files but none of them exist (and I don't know how
can I create them as I've executed mysql_install_db and nothing new
happens):
- mysql.user
- mysql.db
- mysql.host
- my.cnf

My Linux system is RedHat 6.0.

Here are my tests and error mesages:

[root@localhost /root]# mysqladmin variables
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'

[root@localhost /root]# mysqladmin -h server.com variables
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'server.com' failed
error: 'Host 'server.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'

[root@localhost /root]# mysql -u root mysql
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

[root@localhost /root]# mysql -u root test
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

[root@localhost /root]# mysql -h server.com -u root test
ERROR 1130: Host 'server.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

[root@localhost /root]# mysql mysql
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

[root@localhost /root]# mysqladmin --print-defaults
mysqladmin would have been started with the following arguments:

[root@localhost /root]# mysqladmin -u root shutdown

[root@localhost /root]# mysqladmin version
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'

Please help me because I don't know what's going wrong.

Let me say that I'm a newbe with MySQL, so I know nearly nothing about data
bases :-( so please tell me which commands I have to execute.

Bye.

Thread
Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'Andrés5 Mar
  • Re: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'sinisa6 Mar