List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Haeberle Date:May 7 1999 8:33am
Subject:Combining questions in one Select
View as plain text
Hi,

I am having problems combining several questions in one query. For
example, I have a table containing votes on a subject, expressed in
points (-3 lousy, -1 not very good, 0 neutral, 1 rather good, 3 very
good or something like that). Every user is idntified by an id and
may vote as many times as he/she would like to. But only the average
of all his votes should go into the final sum. So I need to ask "give
me the sum of the average vote of every client". I can get to the
averages of every user using

Select sum(vote) / count(*) as av from votes order by user_id;

But how from here? Is there a way to sum those up?

BTW.: Is there really no average() funktion in MySQL? I could not
find one in the manual.

Thanks for your help

Jochen
Thread
Combining questions in one SelectJochen Haeberle7 May
  • Re: Combining questions in one Selectjohan.engstrom7 May
    • Re: Combining questions in one SelectJochen Haeberle10 May
      • Re: Combining questions in one SelectLuuk de Boer10 May