List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 4 2000 8:26pm
Subject:Re: Definate Race condition in MySQL
View as plain text

>> Any change that you can try and test 3.23.12 with this when it comes
>> ut (hopefully within 48 hours)?  We did a small redesign of the DROP /
>> LOCK code in 3.23 and it should be much better than the old one.

Joe> 	Now that I got it repeatable, on my linux box on 3.22.32, I will check
Joe> it on 3.23.12 when it is out.  If you remember, when you release 3.22.32
Joe> if you could drop me an email, that'll remind me to test it.  Otherwise
Joe> I'll check for it periodically.

No need to check 3.23.12;  It will have the same problem :(

Joe> 	Also let me know if you're interested in the test programs I got it to
Joe> create the problem.  They're written in python, and use a storable
Joe> object layer I wrote for the company.  It's almost certainly not worth
Joe> your time setting this type of system up :(  However it should be fairly
Joe> easy to convert what it's doing to just raw sql.

I will not need that anymore.

Joe> Acctually, I *just* repeated the freeze in mysql interactive mode.
Joe> Basically I had 4 processes running.

<cut>

Joe> 	Anyway.  I've come up with a solution to solve us running into this
Joe> problem to begin with.. I'm going to modify the object database layer
Joe> NOT to drop the table automatically when the table is empty.  This will
Joe> cause us some -other- problems [our class variables will not get
Joe> reset].  However that won't cause toomuch heartache in the shortrun.
Joe> That fix is good enough for us, so we're not too anxious for a fix
Joe> anymore.

Thanks for giving us some time to work on this!

Joe> Let me know if I can do anything else to help,

No, you have helped us find the problem;  Now it's up to us to solve
this!

Thanks!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Definate Race condition in MySQLJoe Kislo2 Mar
  • Re: Definate Race condition in MySQLsasha3 Mar
  • Definate Race condition in MySQLMichael Widenius3 Mar
  • Re: Definate Race condition in MySQLJoe Kislo3 Mar
    • Re: Definate Race condition in MySQLMichael Widenius4 Mar