List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Thompson Date:March 11 1999 1:27am
Subject:Re: mysql-digest V1 #756
View as plain text
> Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:07:02 -0400
> From: "LDJ" <topdog@stripped>
> Subject: mysql: Can't Install mysql rpm
>
> I tried to install the rpm from X using GLINT, I configure the directory
> where the MySQL-3_22_19a-1_src.rpm is located. When I cleck Available it
> says no RPM's available??

GLINT does not handle Source RPMs.  It will take care of normal
(binaries) RPMs very well but cannot handle SRPM or .src.rpm files.  You
need to use the command-line tool for this.

> I went back to the command line and used this command:
> rpm -K --nopgp *rpm    to check the integrity of the download. m5 OK

Good -- that is what you should get.

> then I typed
> rpm -Uvh  MySQL-3_22_19a-1_src.rpm
> I got a response like this:
>
> MySQL         ###################################
>
> that is it. I end up back at the prompt.
>
> I wonder if this happended to anyone else? Does it mean I can't install?
> Should I wait for MySQL-3_22_19b_src.rpm to be available? Or did I screw
> things up on my system? I am afraid to install the non rpm source now for
> fear that that teh rpm installation I tried messed things up. I don;t want
> 2 mysql installations.

Actually, the "#######" bit is supposed to be a progress meter :-)
In other words, you did install it successfully.  The challenge is
determining where it put it!  (probably /usr/src/redhat/something)

You're on the right track here.  To get rid of the "#" progress bar,
just use "rpm -Uv" instead of "rpm -Uvh".

-Adam Thompson
 <athompso@stripped>
Thread
Re: mysql-digest V1 #756Adam Thompson11 Mar
  • Re: mysql exits periodically, no error messages or explanationOscar Stiffelman8 Feb
  • Re: mysql exits periodically, no error messages or explanationsasha8 Feb