List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:March 3 2000 3:22pm
Subject:Re: Upgrading from 3.22.x to 3.23.x -- safe for production?
View as plain text

JDZ> I'm close to having an old system replaced with a MySQL back-end. I
JDZ> have it using MySQL 3.22.x right now. I'm wondering if there is any
JDZ> reason *not* to upgrade to 3.23.x before going fully proudction and
JDZ> depending on it.

The 3.23.x series is labeled as "alpha".  While this is much more
stable that normal alpha releases, there have been reports of crashes
and possible data loss.  Personally, I'm not going to it until at
least the beta or gamma stage.  Unless there's some compelling feature
that you must have, I'd recommend you do the same.
Thread
Upgrading from 3.22.x to 3.23.x -- safe for production?Jeremy D. Zawodny3 Mar
  • Re: Upgrading from 3.22.x to 3.23.x -- safe for production?Tonu Samuel3 Mar
  • Re: Upgrading from 3.22.x to 3.23.x -- safe for production?Vivek Khera3 Mar