List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 3 2000 11:05am
Subject:IRIX 6.5.6 and 7.3.1.1m problem solved
View as plain text
>>>>> "Robert" == Robert E Minsk <egbert@stripped> writes:

Robert> Mysql is calling pthread_attr_setscope(&thr_attr,PTHREAD_SCOPE_SYSTEM)
Robert> which a normal user does not have capability to do.  There are two
Robert> solutions.  Change the line to
Robert> pthread_attr_setscope(&connection_attrib, PTHREAD_SCOPE_PROCESS)
Robert> or give the user CAP_SCHED_MGT capability.

Thanks for the information.

I have now changed all places to call PTHREAD_SCOPE_PROCESS instead of
PTHREAD_SCOPE_SYSTEM

Regards,
Monty

PS: I don't remember why we did use PTHREAD_SCOPE_SYSTEM in the first
    place :(
Thread
IRIX 6.5.6 and 7.3.1.1m problem solved(Robert E. Minsk)3 Mar
  • IRIX 6.5.6 and 7.3.1.1m problem solvedMichael Widenius3 Mar