List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:March 2 2000 4:01pm
Subject:Re: Image Function with Stored Images in DB
View as plain text

>> How can I use Image function with images stored in DB.

EC> Just curious, but why would you want to?  It's *much* more
EC> efficient to store the filename of the image in the database,
EC> instead of the actual image file.

But then you have to deal with multiple locations of your data when
backing up or migrating it to another place.  There are advantages in
terms of administration to having all your data in the database as
opposed to scattered about.

Internet: khera@stripped       Rockville, MD       +1-301-545-6996
PGP & MIME spoken here            http://www.kciLink.com/home/khera/
Thread
Image Function with Stored Images in DBPinkeshP2 Mar
  • Re: Image Function with Stored Images in DBTonci Grgin7 Mar
Re: Image Function with Stored Images in DBEd Carp2 Mar
  • Re: Image Function with Stored Images in DBVivek Khera2 Mar
    • RE: Image Function with Stored Images in DBNicolas Prade2 Mar
Re: Image Function with Stored Images in DBPinkeshP2 Mar
Re: Image Function with Stored Images in DBPinkeshP7 Mar
  • Re: Image Function with Stored Images in DBTonci Grgin10 Mar