List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:May 6 1999 1:55pm
Subject:Re: Using update the data in a MS Access from MySql
View as plain text
Tor-Erik Hagen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What i have is a MS Access Database and a MySQL database. I
> want the data in the MS Access database to be a blue copy of
> the data in the MySql database.
> The copy should be tanken manualy 1-2 times each day. Does
> anyone have any suggestions on how to do it ? ODBC ???

How about:

 1. Start mysql with update logging enabled and pipe the
    output of the log through a script.
    The script "massages" the MySQL into Access SQL format
    and writes it to a file.

 2. On a regular basis you restart the script, copy the
    file to the machine running Access and apply those
    updates.

Hope that helps...
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread