List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 2 2000 3:20am
Subject:Re: Thanks! connecting to Mysql by Web again
View as plain text
I know, I'm a pest, sorry for that but I am learning and I can now
connect to my Mysql databases through the
Web.  I simply copied over the mysql database data from the old location
/var/lib/mysql and placed it in the
/usr/local/mysql/data directory.

Nothing like upgrading by downgrading - really isn't that bad sorry for
all the posts, but I didn't want to feel alone and I can't ever access
the mysql forums?

Another question?
so I have had to control mysql (shutdown etc) as root by giving the
complete path /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root etc.

would I add the path /usr/local/mysql/bin to the PATH statement in my
profile file in /etc to allow commands again from the command prompt?

and
would I add /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld &   to my profile file in
etc for Mysql to start up at boot?

Thanks again

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Thanks! connecting to Mysql by Web againDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebJay Jarvinen2 Mar
  • safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedDavid Loke2 Mar
Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedEd Carp2 Mar
  • Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedDavid Loke2 Mar
Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedEd Carp2 Mar
  • Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedDavid Loke2 Mar
    • Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedsinisa2 Mar