List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 2 2000 2:31am
Subject:Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?
View as plain text
Thanks for the help,

Actually, what happened was that I upgrade Mandrake to 7 and it
downgraded my Mysql from 3.22.25 to 3.20.22
and I am going to have to spend tonight picking up the pieces and this
is what I have done so far:

Deleted old mysql dir:
Downloaded latest binary for mysql linux
installed the binary and did ln -s mysql 'current mysql'
moved all database data from old path - /var/lib/mysql to
/usr/local/mysql/data  except for the mysql database data - which I
think I might need to move to keep all the old permission settings.

The database now starts up but none of the perl scripts work because no
one has permissions to access the databases.
Also, Mysql is not in my environment and I can't get any mysql command
to work so I am in the middle of trying to edit my /etc/profile so that
I can start giving commands to mysql.  I hope I am editing the right
file?
I know that the old mysql file is in rc.d / init/d and it had a path to
the old mysqld?  Maybe I can change this one?
I hope its not as bad as I think all this is?

Not sure the adventure continues

Any help would be great

Thanks,

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
    • RE: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Opec Kemp1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore plus?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Van1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sinisa2 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?David Loke2 Mar
    • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sinisa2 Mar
Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz2 Mar