List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 2 2000 2:18am
Subject:Help! I can't connect to Mysql by Web
View as plain text
First,
Thanks everyone for all the help on my problem of not connecting to
mysql through the web.
I still am having some problems.

We last left the adventure as Doug copies all database data from the old
dir /var/lib/mysql to
/usr/local/mysql/data   except I didn't copy of the mysql database data
and my inner child is saying that
I should because now when I start Mysql 2 things happen

It starts fine but no one can reach my databases because Host is not
allowed to connect to this Mysql server
and I still don't have any of the commands in my shell?  I can't mysql
test, mysqladmin version?  I can't mysql anything so can someone tell me
where I can change my environment to allow me to give mysql commands
from the command prompt?  I tried adding to the path in the root
.tcshrc file  ?  How can I connent?  I have not changed my root password
for mysql yet?  does that need to be done first?

And last can I move the original mysql database data to the
/usr/local/mysql/data area?

Thanks

Its going to be another long night...I need this server back in action
Please I can't drink another 12 pack of coke.

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Thanks! connecting to Mysql by Web againDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebDouglas Brantz2 Mar
  • Re: Help! I can't connect to Mysql by WebJay Jarvinen2 Mar
  • safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedDavid Loke2 Mar
Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedEd Carp2 Mar
  • Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedDavid Loke2 Mar
Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedEd Carp2 Mar
  • Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedDavid Loke2 Mar
    • Re: safe_mysqld & didnt create a mysql.sock when startedsinisa2 Mar