List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Koob Date:March 16 1999 2:05am
Subject:Need to understand process
View as plain text
Thanks for the help Paul Dubois
your suggestion worked just fine.

Additional questions.

1. Where can I buy a book that gives a good overview
   of the operation and coding of mysql

2. Will this book tell me how to load a standard delimited
   dos ascii delimited file structure like such,
number,characters,number,etc.
1,"characters",32777.19
2,"bill koob"99999.99
3,"more characters",1257.18

??????????

 3. What kind on manual do you get if you buy the WinNT version?

 4. Can you buy a manual specifically for the this trial version?

 5. If there is a manual with it discuss such issues at ACCESS sql
    compatibility with MYSQL?

 6. Can anyone give me an idea of how ACCESS
    would work as a front end for MYSQL
    with tables of 130 byte records with a
    total file size  in the range of 3.5 gig
    on a 400 pentium II, Both SCSI UW and IDE
    drives? Tables would have two indexes of 10
    bytes each per index with the variability
    being in the 1000 range per index. Two users
    at most, Host and client.

 7. Any experience with NTFS compressed drives and MYSQL?

 8. Is there any problem with running on the host and the
    client at the same time.

Thanks for any responces.

Have a great Hunt
wkoob@stripped
WetDog owned by Wet Dogs
http://www1.minn.net/~wkoob/
My personality is something like this
Mit der dumheit nicht gotter selbst vergeben.

Thread
Need to understand processBill Koob16 Mar
  • Re: Need to understand processAlistair MacDonald18 Mar
Re: Need to understand processJose de Leon19 Mar
  • Re: Need to understand processPaul DuBois19 Mar
Re: Need to understand processEd Carp19 Mar
  • Re: Need to understand processMichael Widenius19 Mar
    • Re: Need to understand processWalter Korman1 Apr
Re: Need to understand processDerick H Siddoway19 Mar