List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:May 6 1999 8:13am
Subject:Re: [MySQL]$editor : not found, YET! :)
View as plain text
Marco Lopez wrote:

> Hi again Tim:)
>
> It seems you sent me double quotes around 'which vi' when giving
> value to the variable. So sorry, but it apperars that Pegasus Mail for
> win treats double quotes as single, and consequently I saw single
> quotes.
>
> I know they were double quotes by at least 2 helpful guys (thanks
> Fred & Fredrik!) that told me so :)

No, not double quotes (") but back quotes (`).

This is a single quote that leans backwards analagous with
the slash and back slash;

    / = slash
    ' = quote

    \ = back slash
    ` = back quote

I use a UK PC keyboard and it is situated on the top left
corner of the msin section of the keyboard, next to the 1
and above the tab key.

It looks like your Mail program *REALLY* screws with your
font - maybe it's time for a replacement...

All the best
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread