List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 1 2000 5:01pm
Subject:Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?
View as plain text
> Well, now I have moved all files associated with the older version of
> mysql and installed the 3.23.32 version and when I go to run
> safe_mysqld
> &  it gives the following error:
>
> starting mysqld demon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
> mysql demon ended

Thanks, I just checked the Data directory and looked at the err log and
it says /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
then mysql ends.

I don't think mysql is running already, I will double check this.

Any answers?

Should I be moving my existing mysql database data from /var/lib/mysql
to the data directory in /usr/local/mysql/data?

Thanks

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
[Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Ed Carp1 Mar
RE: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Andy Gimblett1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
    • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Thimble Smith1 Mar
RE: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Andy Gimblett1 Mar