List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 1 2000 4:46pm
Subject:Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?
View as plain text
Well, now I have moved all files associated with the older version of
mysql and installed the 3.23.32 version and when I go to run safe_mysqld
&  it gives the following error:

starting mysqld demon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
mysql demon ended

I tried going in and editing the mysql file in the init.d / rc.d
directory and adding the /usr/local/mysql/bin to the path statement, but
this didn't seem to help.

The install seemed to go ok and it asked me to change my password and
place the startup files in the correct place, not sure where that might
be? unless its the /etc/my.cnf ?

Can anyone help me see the light?  I am on my tenth can of coke........

Thanks
Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
[Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Ed Carp1 Mar
RE: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Andy Gimblett1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
    • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Thimble Smith1 Mar
RE: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Andy Gimblett1 Mar