List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 1 2000 12:55pm
Subject:Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?
View as plain text
Ok, so it seems by installing Mandrake 7 I have had my Mysql downgraded
from what I was using.

I have downloaded the current binary version and have gunziped and
untared it into a dir /usr/local

I already have a mysql dir so I can't create a ln -s mysql 'current
version'  can't be overwritten?
Well I can leave the dir the way it is: but what is the best way for me
to upgrade?

Should I be running the older version of mysql and then run the
mysql_install_db?  or
should I shutdown the current version of mysql to run that command?
When I try running the safe_mysql & it still brings up the old version
even when I am in the new version bin directory?

Well I have backed up or tared and ftp'd my database files from
/var/lib/mysql so I guess I will shutdown the mysql server and run
mysql_install_db  and see what happens.

Thanks - any help would be greatly appreaciated,

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
[Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Ed Carp1 Mar
RE: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Andy Gimblett1 Mar
  • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
    • Re: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Thimble Smith1 Mar
RE: [Fwd: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql with browser?Andy Gimblett1 Mar