List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:May 6 1999 5:53am
Subject:Re: join across databases?
View as plain text
Gosh, thanks so much for your help so far.

> > How do I do this using PHP?
> > the mysql() function only allows one database name to be entered correct?
>
> That database name is just the default name.  If you specify the table using
> dbname.tablename, then the default database name is not used.

but how do I specify both databases and or tables with that function (or is
there another function I should be using to do my queries)

> > This may be pushing things, but can I join across databases on different
> > servers?
>
> Nope.

Think this will ever be implemented?

Thread
join across databases?Daevid Vincent6 May
  • Re: join across databases?Thimble Smith6 May
  • Re: join across databases?Daevid Vincent6 May
    • Re: join across databases?Thimble Smith6 May
  • Re: join across databases?Daevid Vincent6 May
    • Re: join across databases?Chuck6 May
      • Re: join across databases?Thimble Smith7 May
  • Re: join across databases?kalle volkov6 May