List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 1 2000 3:09am
Subject:Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?
View as plain text
I was searching and found this on the web:

Your mysqld is not compiled with Unix socket support, or is told not to
use them. To connect to your current server, force tcp/ip:

mysql -h `hostname`

Is this my problem as well?

where would I type this command?  at the Mysql prompt?  This was posted
by Sasha Pachev.
Sasha has helped me out on many a situation.  Hope you can help me
again.

By the way I am running a Mandrake 7.0 Linux OS on a ASUS Super7 mother
board with AMDK6-2 400MHz.
Everything was working great until the upgrade- always learning.

Thanks again,

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
    • RE: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Opec Kemp1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore plus?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Van1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sinisa2 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?David Loke2 Mar
    • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sinisa2 Mar
Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz2 Mar