List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 1 2000 2:49am
Subject:HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?
View as plain text
Hello,

I have had my server up and running great for months and then I thought
I would upgrade my Mandrake 6.0 to 7.0 and now I can't access my Mysql
server through web pages.  Mysql is up and running on Mandrake and I can
see all the databases and tables fine.  Here is the error I get when I
run a perl file at the command line.

Mysql->connect failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/tmp/
mysql.sock' (111)

Version 3.20.32a

What is this, never saw it before?

Big fan of Mysql, I've got the book at home, but not here at the office
-

Can someone send a link to on-line forums or to answers to this
question, until then I'm stuck in my office with a can of warm coke
searching the web for answers.  I have backups of everything incase I
need to reverse engines.

Thanks in advance

Douglas

--

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6312 FAX
828-262-6549 OFFICE
brantzdr@stripped

Thread
HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
    • RE: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Opec Kemp1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore plus?Douglas Brantz1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sasha1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Van1 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sinisa2 Mar
  • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?David Loke2 Mar
    • Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?sinisa2 Mar
Re: HELPP!! Can't access Mysql anymore?Douglas Brantz2 Mar