List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:May 6 1999 5:18am
Subject:Re: join across databases?
View as plain text
On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 10:13:24PM -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> How do I do this using PHP?
> the mysql() function only allows one database name to be entered correct?

That database name is just the default name.  If you specify the
table using dbname.tablename, then the default database name is
not used.

> This may be pushing things, but can I join across databases on different
> servers?

Nope.

Tim
Thread
join across databases?Daevid Vincent6 May
  • Re: join across databases?Thimble Smith6 May
  • Re: join across databases?Daevid Vincent6 May
    • Re: join across databases?Thimble Smith6 May
  • Re: join across databases?Daevid Vincent6 May
    • Re: join across databases?Chuck6 May
      • Re: join across databases?Thimble Smith7 May
  • Re: join across databases?kalle volkov6 May