List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 29 2000 3:06pm
Subject:Re: <synopsis of the problem (one line)>
View as plain text
Hi!

Ed> sasha@stripped (sasha@stripped) writes:
>> Am I correct in assuming that you work for HP and have connections? If yes, we
>> would be interested in cooperating with your developers to make MySQL work
>> better on different versions of HP-UX. At this time building it on HP-UX is a
>> big adventure, and I do often suggest to those you are trying to just get a

MySQL works quite decently on HPUX 10.x; It's known to compile on HPUX
11.0, but we haven't been able to do any real testing on it as we
don't have access to such a machine.

Ed> You ain't just'a whistling Dixie!  I've ported stuff to HPUX before, and it
Ed> was one of the most painful platforms to port to - nothing, it seems, is standard
> :(

>> Linux machine before they spend too much time, as it is much more stable and
>> better-tested on Linux. Part of the problem is that we cannot justify the cost
>> of buying a multitude of HP-UX machines just to make MySQL run on them. However,
>> if you guys could give us access to several systems, and even better, have your
>> developers tell us about all the quirks of your thread libraries, compiler,
>> libc, etc, we could make HP-UX a much more attractive platform for running
>> MySQL.

Ed> It would be nice - HP makes a nice box, I just wish it wasn't so painful to
Ed> port to...

Things should be a bit better on HPUX 11.0 (at least for MySQL) as
there is now finally native threads..

Regards,
Monty
Thread
<synopsis of the problem (one line)>shivak29 Feb
  • Re: <synopsis of the problem (one line)>sasha29 Feb
Re: <synopsis of the problem (one line)>Ed Carp29 Feb
  • Re: <synopsis of the problem (one line)>Michael Widenius29 Feb