List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 28 2000 9:16pm
Subject:Re: flush-status not flushing?
View as plain text

sasha> Sami Ahlroos wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I tought "mysqladmin flush-status" would reset the numbers shown by
>> "mysqladmin status", but maybe I was wrong?
>>
>> sami@www:~ > mysqladmin status
>> Uptime: 11281  Threads: 29  Questions: 158990  Slow queries: 0  Opens:
>> 0  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 67
>> sami@www:~ > mysqladmin flush-status
>> sami@www:~ > mysqladmin status
>> Uptime: 11285  Threads: 29  Questions: 159032  Slow queries: 0  Opens:
>> 0  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 67
>>
>> This happens with 3.22.32 (binary) and 3.23.10 (compiled by me), under
>> Linux.

sasha> The reason this happens is that flush-status does not flush everything. This is
sasha> actually documented in the manual, although probably not as well as it should
sasha> be.

sasha> Monty:

sasha> Is there a reason why flush-status should not reset the stats completely?

Yes;  The problem is that some of the variables are 'live' variables
and not statistics variables.  For example, it's not that good to
change 'threads' as this is the number of actually running threads or
'open tables' as this is the number of tables that are open.  Opened
tables on the other hand is safe to reset...

Regards,
Monty
.
Thread
flush-status not flushing?Sami Ahlroos28 Feb
  • Re: flush-status not flushing?sasha28 Feb
    • Re: flush-status not flushing?Michael Widenius29 Feb
  • Re: flush-status not flushing?sasha29 Feb
    • Re: flush-status not flushing?Michael Widenius29 Feb