List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Covell Date:May 5 1999 4:02pm
Subject:Re: ODBC
View as plain text
Got the DNS and DSN switched around, sorry.

So if the DSN is local that means the database needs to be as well?
My ODBC knowledge is limited so I apologize, but I thought it could be
on another box.

I am assuming that the paramaters  would go in the ODBC Client when
setting up the location of the database.  So if I wanted to access an
access database on an  NT Server  I would specific the IP and Port of the
ODBC Server on the NT Box in my Linux ODBC Client?  Does that make sense?

Thanks For YOur Response,

-Bob