List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:February 27 2000 2:54pm
Subject:Re: How to recover 'sleeping' processes?
View as plain text
> Martin Edelius wrote:
> >
> > But won't that remove the actual query? I find very little information
about
> > this in the manual... 8/
>
> It sure would. Did you want to accomplish something else? About the only
thing
> you can do after you have started a query is to either let it finish on
its own
> or kill it. I don't know of a third possibility.

Ok, I was wondering if there was a third possibility, more precisely if I
could 'wake' the sleeping process so that it would finish in a 'proper'
manner.

I have no idea what a sleeping process is and why it ends up as sleeping. If
there's a place in the manual that I haven't found that describes this
please direct me there.

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design
--------------------------------
www: http://www.spirex.se
Mail: martin.edelius@stripped
Phone: +46-31-514651, 0708-113711
Fax: +46-31-514331
Aröds Industriväg 3c
S-422 43 Hisings Backa
--------------------------------
If I haven't got back to you or done what I'm supposed to, let me know again
as I have too much to do for my own good...

Thread
How to recover 'sleeping' processes?Martin Edelius25 Feb
  • Re: How to recover 'sleeping' processes?sasha25 Feb
  • Re: How to recover 'sleeping' processes?Martin Edelius25 Feb
  • Re: How to recover 'sleeping' processes?sasha25 Feb
  • Re: How to recover 'sleeping' processes?Martin Edelius27 Feb
    • Re: How to recover 'sleeping' processes?sinisa27 Feb
  • Re: How to recover 'sleeping' processes?Martin Edelius27 Feb