List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:March 16 1999 12:32am
Subject:rollback revisited
View as plain text
Hi.

I've seen rollbacks discussed here, so I hate to rehash old stuff,
but I'm currently rereading the manual, and a question occurred to me.
In all of the discussion, both here and in the manual, regarding
transactions, the emphasis seems to be on preventing interference
from other threads.  In this light, using a LOCK TABLES / UNLOCK
TABLES sequence certainly makes sense.

However, none of the db developers I work with use it like that.
They tend to be doing something like writing a script to do a
mass UPDATE, and then, when it doesn't work as expected, they
issue a ROLLBACK and try again.

How do you emulate this with mysql?

Thanks -

derick
Thread
rollback revisitedDerick H Siddoway16 Mar