List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:May 5 1999 4:19pm
Subject:Re: DAYNAME not using --language thing
View as plain text
Fredrik Axtelius wrote:

> I added --language=swedish when starting up my mysqld and thought i would
> give me
> swedish names in things like DAYNAME but I didn´t.
> Is there a way to do this or am I doing something wrong??
>
> Server is version 3.22.20a, compiled by me with egcs 1.1.2 on Solaris
> 7/Sparc.
>
> root@nic# mysqladmin variables
> +----------------------------+------------------------------------+
> | Variable_name              | Value                              |
> +----------------------------+------------------------------------+
> ---snip
> | language                   | /export/mysql/share/mysql/swedish/ |
>
> mysql> select DAYNAME(NOW());
> +----------------+
> | DAYNAME(NOW()) |
> +----------------+
> | Wednesday      |
> +----------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> TIA
> /Fredrik

Hi Fredrik

No you don't make any error.
The above setting will only affect the sorting of CHAR, VARCHAR and TEXT fields.
It will (at least at the moment) not change the day or month names.

Sorry,
Christian

Thread
DAYNAME not using --language thingFredrik Axtelius5 May
  • Re: DAYNAME not using --language thingChristian Mack5 May
    • Re: DAYNAME not using --language thingMichael Widenius11 May